In the first part, we have seen the advantages and disadvantages of using an HTML email in the email marketing campaign. In the second and the last part understanding the pros and cons of plain text email will give a holistic overview and you can decide which email to use for the campaign. A plain text email is the one which contains only text, more like a business communication.
1) Reaches the inbox – All plain text email lands in the inbox and is never spammed by the spiders on the web. A plain text mail reaches the spam box only when a user manually marks it spam. If increasing the deliverability is the main target of your business, you should send plain text emails.
2) No white spaces – Many a times an HTML email leaves a lot of white space if an image is not loaded properly. If your business gets intrigued by this fact, then it is best to opt for an email, which has plain text. With plain text, you do not have to worry about visuals breaking. Breaking images and white spaces can hamper the image of the business to a great extent.
3) Cost Effective – HTML email involves a lot of design and development cost and businesses who have not enough budget for this should opt for this type of email. A coded HTML email will cost you a lot and it is not necessary for businesses who have just stepped into the corporate world.
4) Expect Replies – A plain text mail is usually used by companies who want their customers to reply to their emails. HTML in such cases is not useful as replies cannot be sent. A customer service firm should primarily use this type of email for their email marketing campaign.
1) Do not convert to sales – A plain text email hardly converts to sales.
2) Visual representation is missing. Therefore, it is advisable for companies who want to visually present their facts or services to the customers.
As an email marketer, you can send both the type of email to the customer, depending on the need of the hour.