With the social media dominating today, many of us are left in a dilemma whether the golden era of email newsletter has been taken over by the social media giants. However, in order to reap benefits from email marketing a lot of hard work and dedication is required. Only when an email marketing campaign stands out of the crowd, it will be noticed by the customers. Here are a few tips, which can make your customers anticipate for your email.
- Draft a mail such that it portrays as if you are speaking to one customer. Focusing on the list can be dangerous because unless the customer feels privileged, they are not going to open your email.
- Spamming a customer’s inbox should be the last thing on your mind. Therefore, email only when you truly want to share something important and valuable.
- Never lie in the email sent to the customer. Suppose your email reads that the customers are entitled to a 10% discount, then make sure the discount is available in the mentioned shops. If the discounts are not available, it will speak to your credibility and customers will immediately opt out of your email newsletter.
- With the advanced technology available today, you can easily know which customers are loyal to your newsletter. Therefore, ensure that they are rewarded for their loyalty. Such gestures will only attract customers to sign up for your newsletter. Moreover, it builds a bond with the customer and ensures a long-lasting relationship.
- If you want to increase your open rate, subscribe to a competitor’s newsletter and analyze the difference between your newsletter and their newsletter.
- Create a crisp, powerful and creative subject line of every email. This is essential because the subject of the email decides its fate.
- Talk to your customers in a friendly manner in the mails. Greet or wish them like a friend does. While drafting the body of the email forget about the email marketing campaign and focus on the way you are talking to the customers.
- The best to make your email marketing campaign a success is by telling the customers what they are going to miss if the email is left unread. And, you can accomplish this with a clever subject line.
- Last, but not the least, use simple and readable language. Being verbose or using words which people will not understand, will make your email land in the trash box.